Friday 28 August 2015

European Reflection

I am still in the process of finishing this extremely late post, but I wanted to post it so that I can talk about my Korea trip and then I can go back and edit this one later. Just so it's in the correct order when I go back and add more.

I am fully aware that I'm a huge procrastinator, however late this is though, I did want to include a quick debriefing of my European vacation.

Thirteen cities, twelve countries, five and a half weeks, and two backpacks. 

I got to go to Norway, the Netherlands, Belgium, Hungary, Italy, Vatican City, France, Germany, Austria, Scotland, England, and Sweden last Fall and I loved every minute of it. I added three new countries to my list and lots of new sights and experiences.

I flew home from Stockholm in late November last year with my significantly dirtier two backpacks stuffed full of smelly clothes and souvenirs I had accumulated.

I was worried when booking the trip that I would get burned out on traveling. It turned out that five and a half weeks was not long nearly long enough. 

I am so thankful I went to Europe last fall. I had an amazing time, and amazing experiences. And it was really fun. While I had to serve a lot of sandwiches to recover from that trip financially, every city and sight was worth every overpriced penny.

I miss daily cappuccinos and evening glasses of wine. I miss cobblestone streets and old, established cities. I miss being on the move.

I miss eating fresh baguettes with cheese and turkey for meals. I even miss holding up packages of deli meat in Sweden and asking as politely as I could, "Excuse me, do you know what type of animal this comes from?" 

When I lived in Edinburgh, walking was my almost exclusive mode of transportation. I walked to the grocery store, to work, to friends apartments across the city. One of the things I miss the most about living there is walking around the dark, misty city with one earbud in listening to my iPod. While I love the sounds of the city, sometimes it's nice to have a soundtrack to your commute.

Traveling also allows me many opportunities to listen to music. While walking around, while on trains, while writing postcards in my hostel bunk. I wanted to share my favorite songs to listen to while traveling.

Traveling Playlist 2014
Atlas Hands - Benjamin Francis Leftwich
Featherstone - The Paper Kites
I Forget Where We Were - Ben Howard
Below My Feet - Mumford and Sons
Holland Road - Mumford and Sons
Step Out - Jose Gonzalez
Dirty Paws - Of Monsters and Men
Lakehouse - Of Monsters and Men
This Is What It Feels Like - Armin Van Buuren
Budapest - George Ezra
Blame It On Me - George Ezra
It's Time - Imagine Dragons
The Unknown - Athlete

No comments:

Post a Comment